Monday, March 5, 2012

What I've been reading this past year


I've been reading while I'll I was away (from blogging). Here's the list since June 2012:

  • The Kitchen House  by Kathleen Grissom (Jan 2012)
  • Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins
    1. Hunger Games (Nov 2011)
    2. Catching Fire (Nov 2011)
    3. Mockingjay (Dec 2011)
  • Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson (Oct 2011)
  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (Sept 2011)
  • Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers (Sept 2011)
    I don't recommend it.
  • Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett (Aug 2011)
  • My Sister's Keeper by Jody Picoult (July 2011)
  • Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin (Jul 2011)
  • Buried Secrets by Joseph Finder (Jun 2011)
  • Envy by Sandra Brown (Jun 2011)

I'm working on something big so I haven't done much leisure reading this year.  More on this later.

Here's a list of books I purchased and started last year but never finished:

  • Succeed: How We Can Reach Our Goals by Heidi Halvorson
    I actually did listen to this all the way once, but I tried to do it again and didn't finish. I really enjoyed listening to this book, I wish I'd bought a hard copy though. This is a self-help sort of book that, for me, requires a highlighter and place to take notes. It's not the type of book to sit back and just listen. I couldn't and still can't find the time this book needs but I'll have it handy when I am ready. Still a favorite
  • Dead until Dark by Charlaine Harris
    I admit it. I watch True Blood. It's one of those shows I didn't expect to like but did. It's my guilty pleasure. Right up there with Glee.
  • In the Company of Cheerful Ladies by Alexander McCall Smith
    Just didn't do it for me.
  • Sh*t My Dad Says byJustin Halpern
    This one came off as a garblely-goop of semi-funny random memories told by someone who likes to hear themselves curse. This one got such great reviews, I might try it again some day, when my credits run out and I need to listen to something.


No comments:

Post a Comment