Tuesday, April 26, 2011

You want me to do that?

Insanity Month 2 day 2
Muscle Confusion:
the act of using several different exercises for a single muscle so that it cannot adapt to a predictable workout and is therefore forced to work harder
(sportsmedicinedictionary.com)

My muscles are not just confused. They are dumbfounded! Today's workout, Max Interval Plyo, was Crazy Stupid! I never know what insane exercise move Shaun T is going to expect me to do. Today was jaw-dropping.
My mantra for that hour:
You want me to do that?


"Maniac" moves today:

Squat pushups
V pushups on one leg
Power pushups
Pogo stick thingys ( I don't know what he called them)
Sideways pushups
(Did you note all the pushups?)

I won't describe all the moves just know they are crazy! I will try to draw you a picture of the squat pushups. You squat low, hold the position and slowly lean forward. When your palms hit the floor go into a controlled pushup and power push yourself back into the squat position. Now repeat until you pass out.

Seriously?

I conclude this post with my husband 's Facebook status for today:

My mother-in-law knows that my wife and I are doing the INSANITY workout program, however she couldn't recall the name of it... She asked us if we were getting ready to go MANIAC. Same difference I guess. Max Interval Plyo... Just plain crazy

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment