Thursday, May 12, 2011

Share a love letter

{This blog entry recreated on May 17th after blogger lost it after May 12 hiccup in system}
Mama’s Losin’ It
This entry was a prompt on the Mama's losin' it website.


Write a Love Letter to someone
I decided to share a love letter rather than write another one. This is not my best work. It was written in  a hurry just a few minutes before we gave my husbands his gifts. It is however, quite sincere.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I pray that in this next year you blend* your skills, interests, connections, faith and focus such that you find your personal rhythm** of success. I, of course, will be there to cheer you on. I want to be there for you, but I don't think I can help it. I feel linked you in ways beyond my control. (And that's a good thing.) From way back when we first became a couple, I discovered that I feel like I grow a year older at the same time, on the same day that you do. I understand that today is not my birthday but somehow it feels like it ( just a bit) and a wise man once told me that you can't argue with how I feel :)
I know we scowl at each newly discovered grey hair and we wince as we realize we've acquired another crack or creak in a joint, but these things remind me that we are living our vow to grow older together. On this day, I celebrate the birth of you -my customized gift from God. The day my soulmate entered this world and secured my destiny. Today I celebrate you and us.
Happy Birthday David. I love you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For this birthday the kids and I bought him:
* a blender to replace the pitiful old one he was using for his new interest in healthy smoothies.
** an authentic African drum from One Thousand Villages.

Back in our pre-dating stage my husband wrote me love letter that made my heart pound. I blogged about it before. Check it out here.

1 comment: